Goes an old adage, Happiness comes from within. Good times shared with your family, friends and loved ones make you happy. Your childhood album makes you happy and so does the memory of the first bicycle that your parents got for you, or seeing your child take their first step. Some people consider that Happiness comes from the outside too. People would say, When I get a new car, When I buy a new house, when I fall in love, when I get a job promotion, I will be happy. But does it really happen? Do you really get happy?
Actually, it might happen and might give you the happiness you always wanted. But Happiness is not waiting for a future event to happen. Happiness is living in your present and enjoying all the little things that come in your life. Not tomorrow, not ’after one year’, but today! When it is said Live life, king size, it does not mean money, it means happiness. There is happiness in every sphere of life. Happiness comes from
- Gratitude- Show love to the people who have always loved you in your life, no matter what happened. Tell them you are thankful to them for being in your life. The smile that would come on their face and the relaxed state of mind that you’d be in, is Happiness.
- Doing something that you haven’t done before- Whenever you feel gloomy or depressed. Think of all the things that you haven’t done till now. Make a list of them and start doing them one by one. The sheer joy of doing the things you have wanted will eventually enable happiness to work its way into your life.
- Learning to let go- Forgive people. Do not remain angry forever. This is a very short life and small mistakes can be forgiven. Be the great one and that greatness shall contribute to your happiness.
- Being Optimistic- There are going to be drastic changes, really bad times in your life. People will ditch you, loved ones could leave you; mistruths can be spoken about you. But never lose your optimism. Always be optimistic. If something undesirable has happened, look upon it as if it has happened for your own good, this is what your approach should be. Learn to make lemonade out of lemons if that’s what it takes.
- Eating healthy food- Food is equal to happiness. The healthier food you eat, the happier you will be. Food gives us happiness; never compromise with your food. Always eat healthy and packed food. Eat at places where you have never been before and have received positive recommendations from friends; this could be a way to have a happy experience. Tantalize your taste buds.
- Exercising daily- When you work out, your body releases endorphins which can help fill you with a positive energy of achievement and accomplishment. You feel awesome after completing your workout routine. With a fit body comes confidence and with confidence comes happiness. You feel happy the whole day.
Try to leave the worries of the materialistic world alone for some time and take out time for yourself. Ask yourself what you want to do and what you haven’t done in all these years. Allocate specific time to do what makes you happy. Make memories. Don’t wait, start today!